Leave a comment

16-year-old boy Escapes Death From Ritualists In Kwara State

But for God, Master Jamiu Memudu, a 16-year-old boy from Offa in Kwara State but who resides with his mother at Ajegunle, Lagos State, would have been history. On September 9, the boy fell into the hands of suspected ritualists who took him from Badagry area to an unknown place in Ibadan.
He was already being taken to Golgotha, probably to be sold to those who needed his body parts, before……
 he escaped from his abductors on September 13, four days after he had been a captive.
The story of Jamiu’s family will evoke sympathy. His mother, Madam Serifatu Memudu, is a widow of over 11 years. Since her husband’s death, her three children, all males, have been her source of consolation. At her residence at 25, Ifelodun Street, Ajeromi-Ajegunle, Lagos State, neighbours know her with the three boys namely Jamiu, Lekan and Babaloko.
She was struggling to make ends meet at Berger motor park, along Oshodi-Apapa expressway where she sells hot Koko (custard). Though of humble background, her extended family is a closely-knitted one, so it was normal for her children to go to her younger brother, Mr Muritala Jimoh, who resides at Badagry town in same state.
On Saturday, September 7, 16-year-old Jamiu Memudu expressed his desire to visit his uncle for the weekend. Without hesitation, the woman approved of the journey and in no time, Jamiu got to his uncle safely.
Two days after, at about 3.10p.m., the boy decided to return home and his uncle saw him off to the road side to board a bus to Mile 2. Having waved his nephew bye, Mr Jimoh returned home, expecting a call later that he had arrived home.
The tide turned from the moment the bus moved from the bus stop, and the boy almost had his fate sealed if not for providence. Jamiu fell victim of suspected ritualists before he miraculously escaped from their net four days after he was captured.
The JSS 1 Awojora Secondary School, Ajegunle student narrated his experience thus: “I entered a white commercial bus at Badagry. We were many in the bus and we did not know when we all slept off, only to find ourselves in a hall when we woke up. It was already night.
“All of us started crying but they shouted us down, threatening to cut off our heads if we did not keep quiet. They were all speaking Yoruba and had cutlasses and knives. They were beating those who could not control themselves. They told us to inform them if we were hungry. We were not allowed outside the hall except in the night and they usually blindfolded us.
“I started praying that God should make a way of escape for me. After some days, five of our abductors blindfolded us and put four of us in a Sport Utility vehicle and drove us away from the hall. We sat on the floor of the vehicle and they put their legs on us. They stopped at a point and one of them got down to make a call. Others moved to the front of the vehicle and leaned on it.
“Shortly after, I heard the sound of an approaching train. I removed the blindfold and opened the door when I noticed that it was not locked. I ran after the train and I saw that they quickly enter the vehicle and drove off with others. When I got to a place along the rail line, I noticed soldiers and walked towards a mosque I saw there.”
Narrating how she felt, Madam Sherifat (40) said: “That would not be my son’s first time of going to his uncle’s place. On the Monday he was to return, I called my brother at about 5p.m. to know whether my son was on his way back home and he informed me that he had already left Badagry, saying that he must have been held in a traffic jam.
“At about 10p.m., I called again to tell my brother that my son was yet to arrive home. We kept calling each other throughout the night. At 4a.m. on Tuesday, I set out in search of him while my brother also left his abode. We went to different police stations along the way. We even visited a hospital when we were told that a young boy was hit by an okada rider but I discovered it was not my son because he was a Calabar boy.
“The period was a trying one for me as I became so troubled, not knowing the fate that befell Jamiu. Churches, mosques and individuals started praying for his return. On Saturday, September 14, I was at home when I saw military men who informed me that my son was found in Ibadan. Though shocked that my son had gone that far, my joy knew no bounds at the receipt of the news.”
Handing the boy over to his mother at Adekunle Fajuyi Cantonment, headquarters of 2 Division on Tuesday, the Assistant Director of Army Public Relations, Lietenant Colonel Mustapha Anka informed Crime Reports that after interrogating the teenager when he was found roaming about the grounds of Leutmack Cantonment, Mokola, Ibadan, and later the central mosque, a team of investigators led by a military police officer was dispatched to Lagos State to verify his claims.
Anka, who acted on behalf of 2 Division, urged members of the public to always use motor parks set aside and recognised by the government, adding that they should report any criminal activity to security agencies so that they would be stopped from carrying out heinous crimes.

Culled from Tribune

follow Us on twitter @AmeboShrine @i_smellsuccess
bbm pin:2736B0B3


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: